BRAZIL-U.A.E.-ITALY-CHINA-RUSSIA

segunda-feira, 18 de julho de 2016

HOW IMPORTANT ARE JUDO AND WRESTLING TRAINING TO YOUR JIU-JITSU?

This is a good point to be discussed because nowadays a big number of academies still start their students sparring sessions on their knees.
I start my jiu-jitsu journey in January of 1991, on my first classes i learned how to fall properly and how to take somebody down, of course not all our sparring sessions start stand but at least twice a week(minimum) we start our sparring sessions standing.
I am guard player and became well know because of my closed guard (game developed by my master 7th degree red and black belt Fabricio Martins). After one of my fights against Leo "Negao"(Alliance) on Brazilian National as a purple belt in 1998, a fact happen that make me change my game. I was going inside the mat to this fight when i heard Fabio Gurgel shouting to his student to do not let me close the guard. Than i thought: "If Fabio Gurgel knows my game, i have to change." So on the next week i start my Judo classes with professor Chuno at UFF (Fluminense Federal University) in Niteroi-RJ and later on with professor Paulo Menezes. So i develop more my game on the top and start knew some different motions.
From 2000 till 2003, i trained some wrestling also. I compete once in a small tournament in my city, where i won the first mat and lost on the second one. Really great experience!
If i am not a reference to you, just see and read about Rolls Gracie train and lifestyle. He was the one who innovate these sports.
Training these sports, your jiu-jitsu game will be better and many points as pressure, not losing positions and improve your endurance and stamina.
Be ready and let's train!!!